We need more than 100 drivers!!!
We are currently looking for Class 1 drivers in the following areas of UK. — Liverpool — Southampton — Evesham — Derby/Hilton — Huntingdon — Spalding — Birmingham
Drivers in groups of 5, in order to share accommodation preferred!
A Class 1 licence authorizes its holder to drive a combination of road vehicles consisting of:
- A road tractor with 2 axles and a net weight of 4,500 kg or more, hauling one or more trailers or semi-trailers
- A road tractor with three axles or more hauling one or more trailers or semi-trailers
- A truck covered by Class 3 hauling a trailer or semi-trailer whose net weight is 4,500 kg or more and which is only used to transport equipment, tools or furnishings as part of its permanent equipment
- A truck covered by Class 3 hauling any trailer or semi-trailer other than those described above and whose net weight is 2,000 kg or more
We offer full time jobs 5/6 days per week. The work is 52 weeks of the year.
The ideal candidate should be flexible with the hours of work, as your start times may vary. You may be required to work weekends, however this will be discussed at interview.
There are a number of different jobs with different conditions.
Contract is for a minimum of 2 years, the work is 52 weeks of the year.
You will be self employed, our agent will take of all the necessary paperwork. Cost to set you up is £100, which will be payable after the first week. The accountant will look after your books.
The job: You will be driving goods from the warehouse to large supermarkets, usually 2 per shift. You will be offloading the goods at the shop.
Wages Drivers gets paid £135 per shift (monday-friday) plus £25 per night out if stuck on a night out, £145 during the weekend Sat and Sun as well as bank holidays. A shift is 10-11 hours, that includes loading and unloading (usually 2 per day). The work is 5/6 shifts from 7 and may involve tramping.
Since Christmas is the busiest time of the year, you are expected to work during this period.
Successful candidates will need to be flexible
Most trucks are new!
Driving time laws apply:
- Daily driving period shall not exceed 9 hours, with an exemption of twice a week when it can be extended to 10 hours.
- Total weekly driving time may not exceed 56 hours and the total fortnightly driving time may not exceed 90 hours.
- Daily rest period shall be at least 11 hours, with an exception of going down to 9 hours maximum three times a week. Daily rest can be split into 3 hours rest followed by 9 hour rest to make a total of 12 hours daily rest
- Weekly rest is 45 continuous hours, which can be reduced every second week to 24 hours. Compensation arrangements apply for reduced weekly rest period. Weekly rest is to be taken after six days of working, except for coach drivers engaged in a single occasional service of international transport of passengers who may postpone their weekly rest period after 12 days in order to facilitate coach holidays.
- Breaks of at least 45 minutes (separable into 15 minutes followed by 30 minutes) should be taken after 4 ½ hours at the latest.
Your driving licence:
- Code 95 is compulsory
- DigiCardGood lorries and working conditions.
The ‘net’ pay, you earn, based on 5 shifts per week, is around £550
Shared accommodation available (private rooms, but shared kitchen and sanitary facilities), cost around 75 GBP per week
We wil endeavour to employ groups of 5 drivers, in order to have people of the same nationality sharing a house.
Please apply only using this form!