1148 – RGN Staff Nurse UK
Position: Staff Nurse
Location: various locations in the UK
Responsible to: (In ascending order) Senior Sister/Depute Manager/Care Home Manager/Director
Experience: Must have a valid NMC pin number or applied for NMC registration for ONP nurses
Purpose of position:
To provide high quality nursing care and to assist in identifying and addressing the health and social care of a wide variety of service users.
- To provide a high standard of direct nursing care to service users, based on the assessment of care needs and in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team.
- To continuously evaluate the quality of care given, and regularly reassess the needs of service users in consultation with the service users, their relatives and the care team, and to effect change required to achieve planned goals.
- To administer and order medicines.
- Liaising with GP, chiropodist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist and other members of the wider care team.
- Care planning and implementation of care plans.
- To work within the UKCC codes of conduct and Scope of Practice and within the home’s policies and procedures.
- To continuously review their own nursing practices to develop new skills and knowledge through continuous professional development training that contribute to the enhancement of patient care skills.
- To work closely with other members of the care team, ensuring that effective, high-quality care is given, to achieve planned goals.
- To ensure the effective and efficient use of all home resources.
- To keep next of kin informed of significant changes in a service user’s condition.
- To ensure religious, cultural, emotional and psychological support for service users and their families.
- To attend and participate in relevant staff meetings.
Salary: Depending on experience between £9.00-14.00 per hour
3433 total views, 1 today